Friday, August 25, 2006

Birthdays Galore

The beautiful thing about not planning a birthday celebration for yourself is that each of your groups of friends wants to celebrate with you. So instead of one birthday dinner, you get dinners with friends and family scattered over the month. I guess that worked out eh? The weekend before my birthday, I got to have dinner with Karen & Donna on Friday, lunch with Sarah & Inka, and dinner with Elizabeth & Judith and the fam. I'm a lucky one I am!

Then, as if anything could top that, I went to San Diego on a business trip. It was a very interesting convention actually. But I try to keep work and blogging separate. :) Let's just say the people we worked with were really awesome, and I even got a serenade. That evening my AWESOME cousin Nicole drove about 2 hours from college to come take me out to dinner. How cool is that? I feel truly spoiled. Here we both are with a crazy look in our eyes after a delicious dinner at one of the bazillion Mexican restaurants in Old Town.


















And on the walk back to my hotel...
And since I was away for my birthday, I think I may have some more dinners & lunches coming up. Like I said I'm spoiled. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You should do this non-celebration birthday every year. Maybe I'll give it a try myself next year. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete