Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Recapping and The Grand Lodge

We'll it's official. I'm a blogging slacker. Sarah has tagged me, so I guess I'd better get on board. After all, it's not very fair for me to love reading blogs, but to not do my part in the blogging world.

So starting with this post, I'll give you all an update for what's been going on with me.
  • August: Nothing but work work work...and some nasty flu bug over my bday week...
  • September: Two weeks vacation! Woo hoo! Then back to work work work... Wes is also work work working as a student again. He started the MSEE program at Stanford in late September.
  • October: Have I mentioned work work work? Company is struggling, so trying to do my part to keep things afloat.
  • November: Oh, it's not November yet? Whoops. It will probably be more work work work with a jaunt to LA for Thanksgiving, and hopefully some much needed time at the gym!
So I thought I'd share some photos from our vacation to the Northwest. We drove up to Oregon, and spent some time with family. Then we took a couple days off to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We went to McMenamins Grand Lodge in Forest Grove. We love McMenamins! They have the best food, beer, and great relaxed atmosphere. We desperately miss it. So any time we are in the Northwest we frequent...and I mean FREQUENT their establisments. So it was appropriate for us to spend a couple days there.

The Grand Lodge is an old Masonic building restored and made into a hotel/restaurant/pub/spa/etc. We got some great weather while we were there. Check out those blue skies!
McMenamins is known for their funky decor. In almost any of their buildings you can find pipes decorated with faces on the elbows. There is a lot more cool decor to enjoy, but usually lights inside are dim, and not so good for photos.This McMenamins also has a frisbee golf course. So when we weren't getting massages, eating and drinking, watching a movie, soaking in the pool, or laying around, we played some frisbee golf. Here's an action shot of Wes.
Unfortunatley, I look like a total dufus when throwing a frisbee, so I refuse to make those photos public. I also found out that I suck at frisbee golf. I can actually throw a frisbee really well, when someone can move around a bit to catch it, but aiming for a non moving object is not my forte.

But, I'm not as bad at taking pictures of flowers, so I did some of that. Here are some of my favorites from around the grounds.
Next up! Visits to Seattle and Eugene!

No comments:

Post a Comment