Well it's been a while since I've blogged, so you would think I have tons to update you on, but not so much. I had a couple crazy busy days at work, lost time due to the barfing episodes, and attending my very first conference! Well it's not really a conference...rather a workshop. But it's close enough...and I think conference sounds cooler. Anyway, busyness and lack of blogworthy info has kept me from my undying fans.
So I update you from Columbus, Ohio. Home of OSU. Not the Beavers thank goodness! Rather the Buckeyes...or something like that. They have signs that say 'Go Bucks!'. Which made me chuckle of course because it's so similar to 'Go Ducks!'. I was chatting with a student here...a guy who used to live in South Carolina, who said that when he referred to USC, people were often confused between University of Southern California and University of South Carolina. Then he proceeded to tell me how everyone in South Carolina of course knew he was talking a about the Gamecocks. That of course made me, a non-football fan, do a double take. But he and another student repeated 'Gamecocks' without batting an eye...and possibly without understanding why I was chuckling in the corner. Anyway, it's my first trip to the Midwest, and it is VERY cold! But apparently very warm for this time of year for native Ohians. And I'm learning a TON about Interfaces of Intelligent Computer-Assisted Language Learning (ICALL)...which is why I'm here.
Anyway, on with the random blogpost and update. As per Sarah's request...here are my feelings about Christmas...
Eggnog or hot chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate. I like the nog for about 2 seconds and then it makes me sick. Bridget and I tried making it from scratch at a college Christmas party, and it didn't make me any more of a fan.
Colored lights on tree/house or white? Either way...as long as it is not tacky.
Do you hang mistletoe? Nope...
When do you put up your decorations? Uhh...this year I have yet to even start. Usually a couple weeks before.
What's your favorite Christmas dish? FUDGE!
When and how did you learn the truth about Father Christmas? I was little, maybe 4 or 5, and I was in my parent's room and saw a big present wrapped in their closet. I was shocked and amazed simultatneously! Then, on Christmas morning, when I saw the same present with my name on it, and labeled from Santa...it ALL clicked.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? If I'm with my mom's family, we open ALL the gifts on Christmas Eve. If I'm with my Dad's or just my parents, I might be able to talk them into letting me open one gift.
Snow! Love it or dread it? Love love love! Those of us who never have to deal with snow regularly always appreciate it!
Can you ice skate? I'm no figure skater, but I have been known to skate backwards slowly.
What's your favorite Christmas dessert? I'm with Sarah...see above about the FUDGE.
What's the most important thing about Christmas for you? Jesus!
What's your favorite Christmas tradition? Going shopping with my Grandpa on Christmas Eve to get my Grandma a present. :)
What tops your tree? Apparently, I'm pretty picky in this area. I agree it's hard to find something that really deserves to be on top, but thus far it is a handmade star that I got at the ornament exchange at the Christmas party Bridget and I threw in college.
Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving! I love making or buying gifts and I get really excited about how people will react to them. It's a fun challenge to pick something good friends and family. Quite honestly, I forget about the fact that I will receive presents until I'm about to open them.
Candy canes? Overrated!
And...Last but not least...a new blogger in my sidebar! Yay for R&R!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OOoooo... a LINK. We'll be famous in no time!
ReplyDeleteA few christmas comments myself:
The lights must be colored, but no blinking, please.
Snow ROCKS.
Candy canes look festive, but that's it.
Opening presents on christmas eve is cheating.
Giving is stressful. Which is to say, I haven't started my shopping yet! ACK!
Have fun in the high-in-the-middle-round-on-the-ends state!
I was just reminiscing about that Christmas party! I was at an afternoon cookie party where there was homemade eggnog, like ours. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't bring myself to drink it-- because since the day we made our own nog I know just what's in it. Salmonella with a side of heart attack, anyone?
ReplyDeleteYay, thanks for telling me about your Christmas stuff!
ReplyDeleteeggnog--yuk! first of all, what a horrible name! i'm not a big fan of eggs and "nog" just sounds gross. i agree, giving is so much fun..but i only feel really good if i put effort into the gift, to make it special (i always feel bad about giving gift cards even if people like them!)
ReplyDelete