Saturday, September 30, 2006

See Jane Tri - No Race Report

This morning I got up at 5am. Usually I would be exhausted, but today I wasn't. God granted me a good night's sleep before I got up to watch my friend Judith finish her triathlon season doing the See Jane Tri. I also had a friend from my swim class who did it, so I spend a couple of hours running from swim entry, to swim exit, to bike entry, to run entry, to finish line, to bike exit, to finish line. I think I got quite a work out, but not as much as the triathletes.

It was fun to be a spectator. Here are some definite pros I noticed:

1. You get to wear real clothes. You don't have to show every curve to the whole world.
2. You aren't nervous. It's exciting and fun, but not scary. I WILL watch my friends finish no matter what. No risk there.
3. You get to watch people light up as you cheer for them. Being a triathlete myself, I know how much it means to have encouragement. To know you are giving that to someone else is pretty cool.
4. You get to take the photos...again...no photos of me in spandex!
5. You get to wave the cool sign! I made a reversible sign to cheer on Judith and Erica. Here are Judith and I with one side.And last but not least...

6. You get to see the crazy things people do at races. If you are in it, you are oblivious to almost everything, but if you are a spectator you get to see this:Happy Triathlon Season Everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being my limo driver, sherpa, cheer section, photographer and above all, a fabulous friend :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i can see there are definite advantages to being a spectator! Especially #1, and of course that last photo. wow.

    ReplyDelete