Sunday, April 16, 2006

Saturday with friends

It's been a rough past few days, as is probably apparent, but I had the wonderful blessing of a visit from Sarah and Matthew this weekend! They arrived around noon, I got to show them my humble abode, and then we went to go dress shopping for the wedding! So much fun! Well...the girls did...the boys went off to look at motorcycles and had beer! Can you believe the roles we have...but they wouldn't go to the sports store ;). Anyway, it was tons of fun to be girly and look at dresses. Sarah has some great ideas and is going to look BEAUTIFUL!

We had some lunch at Hobees, which has food that is somewhat like the Glenwood, so I though some of my old Eugene buddies would appreciate it. Then we headed out to Santa Cruz to get some good ocean time in. We wandered around the shore, saw some surfers, some seals, some sea otters, a fish get caught, and even made it down to the boardwalk. It's such a nice Saturday thing to do to just wander by the coast with friends. And since we were at the boardwalk, Wes and I had to do our ritual there. Photos in the booth! It started when we first moved down to CA just before my birthday. It was too soon to have friends, so we went to the beach to celebrate. We took some of these fun photos, and since then, on birthdays, anniversaries, etc we go there and take our pictures. I've got a fun collection on the fridge. But this time we got Sarah and Matthew in there :). They did one too, I hope Sarah will post it as well. Then after a long afternoon of wandering we went to the Pink Godzilla sushi bar for dinner. There we had a good time laughing about coke smacking and I had some don buri. I recommend the Korean kind better. ;)

All in all it was a wonderful Saturday. It is wonderful to have old friends that even though it's been years since you've seen them, it feels like almost no time has passed. Ok, maybe I'm getting sappy, but I have great friends! Thanks for coming Sarah and Matthew!

No comments:

Post a Comment